Home | Grants
& Programs | Arts Learning | Application
Using the Adobe PDF File
Macintosh users should download and complete the form created in the
Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF). Windows users may
also use this form. The application in this format is identical to the
executable form created in Omniform but have some limitations. IMPORTANT!
Due to a limitation in the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can fill out
the form on-screen and print the result, but you cannot save the
completed document to your computer after it has been filled out unless
you have purchased a full version of Adobe Acrobat.
As the fonts used in the forms are Times New Roman - 12-point type, you
may want to use this font for consistency.
You must print the application, sign it, and submit it to us. We must
have original signatures on the application form submitted to us. We cannot
accept applications submitted to us on disk or via e-mail.
For programs with deadlines, signed applications accompanied by all appropriate
support materials must be in the OAC office no later than 5 p.m. on the
deadline date. When a deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the OAC
will accept applications until 5 p.m. on the next business day.
Links to forms are below. Please read the instructions first.
- Download the PDF file into an empty folder.
Please remember: Due to a limitation in Adobe Acrobat Reader,
you can fill out the form on-screen and print the result, but you cannot
save the completed document to your computer after it has been filled
Downloading and Installing Adobe Acrobat Reader:
The free Adobe
Acrobat Reader software is required in order to display, fill
out and print the applications. Following the Adobe Acrobat Reader
link above will take you to the Adobe Systems Web site, where you
can download the latest version of Acrobat Reader. Follow the directions
on the Adobe Systems Web page to download and install the correct
version of Acrobat Reader for your computer. Adobe Acrobat Reader
allows you to view and print PDF files. It does not allow you
to create PDF files or forms.
Adobe Acrobat Reader http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep.html
NOTE: We strongly recommend that you download and install the
latest version of Acrobat Reader, which is version 6.0 at
the time of writing. Acrobat Reader 6.0 enables you to fill out the
form on-screen and print the filled-out application on your computer's
Downloading the PDF file:
a. Use the following links to download the appropriate file into an
empty folder on your Mac. Don't forget to read the instructions.
Arts Learning/Artist in ResidenceArtists
- Open the form with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Navigating the Form
- Fill out the application by checking boxes with your mouse or
filling in a blank. The areas to be completed are highlighted in
- To select a check box, place your mouse pointer over the box to
be checked. The pointer will change to a hand. Clicking on the box
places an "X" in the box.
- To add information, tab or move your mouse to the field and click
into the area. You can then enter your information.
- About Fonts
- The proper fonts have been selected for each field. They cannot
- About field types
- Each field has its designated field type. For Example, Section
D1, page 2, Ohio House #. This is a numeric field. Do not try to
use a letter like "a".
- For Section D1, if your organization is not based in Ohio, enter
a "0" for Ohio House #, Ohio Senate # and U.S. Congress
- About the Budget Sections
- Math is calculated automatically.
- Check to be sure that Your Cash Contribution total equals your
organizations Total Income if this is a part of your form.
- Copying and Pasting
- You can compose any narrative sections on your word processor
and copy and paste them into these sections.
- Make sure that you fit the text into the spaces provided. Any
extra text will be cut off.
- The text will be automatically converted to Times New Roman
- Printing the Application
- Use File:Print from the menu or click the Printer
icon to print the form.
- Proof your work!
- Proofread the application after your print it and BEFORE you close
the Adobe Acrobat Reader! Make any corrections and print it again.
- Remember to check the instructions regarding signing and submitting
IF YOU NEED HELP COMPLETING THE FORM
or call the Ohio Arts Council, 614/466-2613 between 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
Members of the Ohio Arts Council (OAC) board will meet Wednesday, June 19 at the Dayton Art Institute at 456 Belmonte Park North, in Dayton. Committee meetings will take place Wednesday morning, with the full board meeting being held from 11 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. All meetings are open to the public.
more on June 2013 Board Meeting...